Jason L. Ma 馬良傑
Founder, CEO and Chief Mentor
- Acclaimed Author of Young Leaders 3.0: Stories, Insights, and Tips for Next-Generation Achievers
- Chief Mentor to Select Millennials & Teens, College Admissions Counselor, and Parent Confidant
- Strategic Advisor, Bright Scholar Education Group 博实乐, a Country Garden 碧桂园 spinoff
- Strategic Advisor to the Wall Street Titan Owner of a Group of Companies
- Strategic Advisor, Other Select Enterprises
- Member, Employment and Education Taskforce, The B20, The G20 Global Business Advisory Council
- Member, SMEs Cross-thematic Group, The B20, The G20 Global Business Advisory Council
- Forbes Contributor on Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Education, and College Admissions (2011-6)
- Forbes Global CEO Conference Delegate (8 years since 2005)
- Delegate, APEC CEO Summit (2014)
- Delegate, NYTimes Higher Ed Leaders Forum
- Sought-After Keynote and Motivational Speaker
- Speaker & Member, Global Advisory Council, World Chinese Economic Summit
- Speaker & Member, Steering Committee, Family Office Conferences by DC Finance
- Speaker, All American Speakers Bureau (starting August 2017)
- Speaker, China Speakers Bureau
- Guest Speaker, Harvard Business School (HBS) Association of N. California (fall 2017)
- Guest Lecturer, Stanford University
- Guest Lecturer, UC Berkeley
Jason Ma & ThreeEQ’s
- Signature Services For Clients
- Speaker Page
- Media Page (News, Videos, Photos)
- Young Leaders 3.0 Book Shop on Amazon
- Young Leaders 3.0 Hand-Signed Book Shop on IfOnly
- Young Leaders 3.0 Bulk Purchases with Special Discounts
- Forbes Column & Articles
“To avoid feeling marginalized and to succeed in today’s fiercely and increasingly competitive, complex, and volatile world, it is wise to be mindful, constantly learn and improve, and get expert help in key areas. It pains me to often see people not even close to realizing their own potential.”
—Jason L. Ma
Jason L. Ma 馬良傑 is a luminary G20 business and education influencer, rainmaker, mentor, college counselor, author, and sought-after speaker. As a preeminent expert, he helps elder and young leaders and organizations worldwide succeed and maximize positive outcomes in global business, geopolitics, leadership, careers, family and personal life, education, and (elite) university admissions. Onstage, Ma captivates, empowers, and inspires audiences to reflect and act towards increasing their ROI and towards positive transformation, if not transcendence.
With an influential worldview and dual passions for mentoring and rainmaking, Ma is Founder, CEO, and Chief Mentor of ThreeEQ, Inc., an innovative global business, leadership, career, family, education, and college admissions success consulting firm. He is the author of Young Leaders 3.0: Stories, Insights, and Tips for Next-Generation Achievers, an acclaimed book. His professional speakership, book and Forbes authorships, media contributions, and philanthropy complement his mission to help make the world a wealthier, happier, and emotionally healthier place.
G20 INFLUENCER. As a distinguished global business and education thought leader, Ma serves as a member of the B20, the G20 advisory council and dialogue with the global business community. The G20 is the leading international economic and policy setting forum led by the Presidents/Prime Ministers of the US, China, the EU, and the 17 other top economies by GDP. As Silicon Valley’s leading B20 member through the G20/B20 hosted by Australia, Turkey, China, and currently Germany, Ma contributes on both the Employment and Education Taskforce and the SMEs Cross-thematic Group.
MENTOR. ThreeEQ’s Private Clients, who are headed by astute high-net-worth parents or C-suite leaders worldwide, relish the 1-on-1 guidance of Ma as a preeminent, inspiring, and trusted success coach and mentor to their millennials in the workforce, university students, and high school students, and confidant to them. Hundreds of young people have achieved great results in careers or college admissions (admits to all 8 Ivy League universities, Stanford, MIT, UC Berkeley, etc.) and are positively transformed (see Testimonials) by Ma, leveraging his uniquely effective and powerful “4S” and “3EQ” mentoring framework. He was a Thiel Fellowship mentor, and is a Kairos Society mentor and a NYTimes Higher Ed Leaders Forum delegate.
RAINMAKER. ThreeEQ’s Organizational Clients, which are growth-minded enterprises and institutions worldwide, benefit from the massive value and ROI that Ma adds as a well-connected, high-powered, and trusted global rainmaker and advisor. He serves as US strategic advisor at Bright Scholar Education Group 博实乐 (NYSE: BEDU), China’s largest operator of K-12 private schools and a spinoff of Country Garden 碧桂园 (HKEX: 2007), a top real estate developer in Asia controlled by Asia’s wealthiest woman, a loving mom. Ma is a senior advisor to the Wall Street titan owner of a group of companies. He is a World Chinese Economic Summit Global Advisory Council member and a DC Finance Steering Committee member. He’s been a Forbes Global CEO Conference delegate for 8 years since 2005, and was a Pacific Basin Economic Council member and APEC CEO Summit delegate.
AUTHOR. The acclaimed book Young Leaders 3.0: Stories, Insights, and Tips for Next-Generation Achievers by author Jason L. Ma along with 23 exemplary 17-to-24-year-old millennial leaders and contributors, has inspired many from disadvantaged teenagers to billionaires and adults in between. As a star Forbes contributor on Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Education, and College Admissions (2011-6), Ma’s Forbes articles produced nearly 1 million views.
LUMINARY EXPERT. Ma is one of the world’s top experts (fellow experts include Tom Peters, Mark Thompson, Seth Godin, Heidi Roizen, Vinod Khosla, Guy Kawasaki) for Audvisor, a leading corporate communication and learning app. He is a luminary author and expert for IfOnly, which provides unique experiences with luminaries, including fellow authors Danielle Steele, Peter Thiel, Reid Hoffman, Biz Stone, Ben Horowitz, and Ma, who provide hand-signed copies of their books. IfOnly celebrities include Snoop Dogg and Hall of Fame 49er Ronnie Lott.
SPEAKER. Ma is a sought-after speaker on global business, G20 geopolitics, leadership, entrepreneurship, careers, family life, education, (elite) university admissions, and personal success. He inspires and empowers audiences to reflect and act towards increasing their ROI and towards positive transformation, if not transcendence. Ma is honored to share the stage with (former) world leaders of G20 economies, billionaires and tycoons, global 2000 CEOs (see Gallery), and other top leaders both Western and Asian/Chinese. Ma has spoken regularly at the World Chinese Economic Summit, Global China and India Business Meetings, family office conferences in the U.S. and Asia; privates events at multinational corporations, institutions, and high net worth family groups; universities including Stanford, UC Berkeley, INSEAD; K-12 school districts (e.g. Los Angeles Unified School District); and other summits around the world.
MEDIA PUNDIT. Ma has appeared on top media including Forbes, CNBC Asia (Managing Asia and Squawk Box), Business Rockstars, Fast Company, iHeartMedia, Channel NewsAsia, Teen Kids News. Ma’s perspective includes more than 3 decades of seasoned business and entrepreneurial experience in innovative technology, education, expert, and traditional industries and over 2 million miles of world travels to 40 countries across Asia Pacific, Americas, Europe, and Middle East.
PHILANTHROPIST. Ma believes in giving back. The ThreeEQ Foundation, a small donor-advised fund, works with the Silicon Valley Community Foundation to give to causes that assist the disadvantaged. ThreeEQ also donates 5% of Ma’s IfOnly luminary-expert service revenue and provides in-kind services to charity.
EDUCATION & COLLEGE ADMISSION ASSOCIATIONS. Ma earned a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research from UC Berkeley College of Engineering. He also attended the evening MBA program at Santa Clara University Leavey School of Business but dropped out because of extensive international business travels. ThreeEQ is a member of the National Association of College Admission Counseling, and Ma is a sustaining member of the Western Association of College Admission Counseling.
FAMILY & LANGUAGES. Originally from Hong Kong, China, Ma 馬老師 speaks Cantonese and Mandarin. He and his wife are grateful parents of two vivacious daughters—one in college and one in high school. At home, Ma values unending love, high standards on what matters, and humor [as the head of the Bad Jokes at the MAfia (The Ma Family :-)].
PAST PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE. Ma marketed and sold internationally to hundreds of enterprises in different industries, including Blue Chip multinational corporations and mobile/telecom/Internet service providers, helped build leading tech companies that subsequently went public or were acquired, and co-founded and invested in IT, new media, edtech, and education services companies in the U.S., China, and India. He had his share of successes, failures, and lessons learned. The latter has strengthened him.
- Co-Founder, Interim CEO and Senior College Counselor, IvyMax Inc. 飛達學院 (2007-2011)
- Co-Founder and CEO of an education SaaS startup (2006-2007; successfully executed an international merger)
- Co-Founder, Interim Executive VP and Chief Strategy Officer, YeePay Inc. 易宝支付 (2002-2003; successfully exited at Series D)
- Founder and CEO, Congruent Partners LLC (2002-11)
- Acting CEO, CMO, VP of Business Development, and/or Board Advisor for a few tech companies (2002-2005)
- Leader, Tech/Media/Telecom (TMT) and Education Sectors, Gerson Lehrman Group (2006-2014)
- Senior Advisor, Silicon Valley-China Wireless Technology Association (2001-2011)
- Founding Chair, Charter Members Committee, Asia-Silicon Valley Connection (ASVC)
- Managing Director of Asia Pacific and Japan, iPass Inc. (went public)
- Managing Director of Asia Pacific, Celcore Inc. (acquired)
- Managing Director of Asia Pacific, Peninsula Wireless Communications
- Regional Director of Pacific Rim, Cylink Corporation
- Area Sales Manager of Asia Pacific, Digital Microwave Corporation
- Network Assurance Manager, Private Networks Division, Fujitsu America
- Network Systems Analyst, Network Analysis and Design, and Network Operations Analyst, Management Sciences, Tymnet (1984-7)
As the founding chair of the ASVC Charter Members Committee before, through, and after 9/11 in 2001, Ma led building the ASVC Charter Members Network, a microcosm of Silicon Valley’s top decision makers comprising general partners from elite venture capital firms, senior executives from large corporations, partners from top service providers, leading CEOs and entrepreneurs (a few billionaires), and proven angel investors. At ASVC, he also led organizing and chairing major events and helped drive and spawn Silicon Valley’s high-level social networking movement.
The passionate ThreeEQ Team rejoices when our Clients and Students significantly learn, achieve, grow, and succeed. Our tight-knit team, including Editors and Advisors, is well trained and instilled with founder Jason L. Ma’s vision, values and principles, and high-quality, proprietary know-how, methodologies, and processes in our business. We pride ourselves in providing the highest-quality work for our Students, Private Clients, and Organizational Clients.
Founder and CEO, Magnet Systems, Inc.
Former Founder, Chairman & CEO, BEA Systems (Acquired by Oracle for $8.5 billion in 2008)
The CEO’s CEO by Ben Horowitz, Co-Founder & General Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
To learn about Mr. Minevich, please view his website above.
Business & Brand Strategist, Martin Roll Company
Senior Advisor, McKinsey & Company
Best-selling author of Asian Brand Strategy
Global Keynote Speaker, Conference Moderator, C-Level Advisor/Mentor
Chairman and CEO, Caprica International
Executive Leadership Council, Thunderbird School of Global Management
Vice Chairman, Supply Chain Asia
Selected as a “New Asian Leader” by the World Economic Forum
Click here if you like to view some of Jason L. Ma’s photo albums from his world travels.