Jason L. Ma 馬良傑
Founder, CEO and Chief Mentor
- Acclaimed Author, Young Leaders 3.0: Stories, Insights, & Tips for Next-Generation Achievers
- Former Forbes Contributor on Leadership, Entrepreneurship, & College Admissions (over 1M views)
- Member, The B20 with The G20 (on the foremost B20 Employment & Education Taskforce)
- Member, Global Advisory Council, & Speaker, World Chinese Economic Forum
- Member, Steering Committee, & Speaker, Family Office Conferences by DC Finance
- Delegate, Forbes Global CEO Conference (8 years since 2005)
- Delegate, NYTimes Higher Ed Leaders Forum
- Speaker, A-Speakers
- Speaker, All American Entertainment
- Speaker, Executive Speakers Bureau
- Speaker & Masterclass Leader, Harry Walker Agency
- Speaker & Masterclass Leader, London Speaker Bureau
- Speaker & Masterclass Leader, London Speaker Bureau Asia
- Speaker & Masterclass Leader, MFL Global
- Guest Speaker, Harvard Business School Association of Northern California
- Guest Speaker, Stanford University
- Guest Lecturer, UC Berkeley
Jason Ma 馬良傑 is Founder, CEO and Chief Mentor of ThreeEQ Inc., a strategic business and education advisory firm that helps select families, individuals, and enterprises worldwide achieve great outcomes in what matters to them. For families, the outcomes include elite college admissions, next-generation leadership abilities, lucrative career paths, and personal fulfillment. For enterprises, the outcomes include optimal strategic decisions, team productivity improvement, ROI increase, and global business growth. Ma is a sought-after mentor, rainmaker, and speaker, as well as an acclaimed author and G20 business and education leader.
Ma’s perspective includes over 3 decades of seasoned experience and impact in high-level advisory and hands-on operating roles in innovative technology, education, and expert industries—with more than 2 million miles of world travels to over 40 countries across Asia Pacific (Greater China, Southeast Asia, South Asia, Japan, Korea, and Australasia), Europe/Israel, and the Americas. Earlier in his career, Ma successfully made deals with and sold big-ticket communications and networking systems and services to major mobile/telecom operators, Internet service providers, and enterprises mainly across Asia Pacific. He co-built leading tech companies and teams (subsequent IPO or M&A), and co-founded, invested in, and exited astutely from a few U.S. and Asian tech/media/telecom, edtech, and private college counseling/education services companies.
These days, besides global rainmaking for business clients, Ma finds his own personal fulfillment by mentoring and guiding private family and individual clients to achieve great outcomes in their life stages (teens to boomers) with strong and sustainable “3EQ” and happiness.
Today, with a tight-knit A-team at ThreeEQ, Jason Ma inspires and guides select high-achieving Gen Zers to get admitted to elite/Ivy League universities, to pave lucrative tech and other career paths, or through succession planning and integration as next-generation leaders. Their aligned, high-net-worth parents (Private Clients) look to Ma as a trusted confidant and the compassionate chief mentor in guiding their teen and 20-something children to achieve great outcomes, unleash their full potential, and transform into the best version of themselves—so that their happiness, health, and wealth will be above the fold.
Success stories and testimonials abound. On elite college admissions results, Ma has a distinctive track record of helping students get admitted to Ivy League schools (Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Penn/Wharton, Princeton, and Yale), Stanford, MIT, Georgetown, UC Berkeley, Oxford, and ALL other elite institutions.
To serve a broader market of families, ThreeEQ recently created the new Facebook closed group “Parents of Driven Students” and will soon roll out a new series of Online Workshops. ThreeEQ is a NACAC member and Ma contributes as a WACAC sustaining member. Ma is a Kairos Society mentor and a former Thiel Fellowship mentor as well.
As a seasoned executive and life coach, Ma also privately mentors select (middle-aged) C-suite/senior executives and entrepreneurs as Private Clients.
As a trusted C-suite advisor and rainmaker with a high-powered global network of billionaires, tycoons, CEOs, other (U)HNW decision makers—and high-level sales/business dealmaking and relationship-building acumen—Jason Ma helps select global tech and offline growth companies and family offices (Enterprise Clients) worldwide take successes to next levels. Ma helps them make sound strategic decisions, win major clients and deals, position for M&A, and strengthen leadership and human capital. With Ma’s help, enterprises add to their ROI, bolster profitable revenue growth, and enhance team productivity and culture.
Ma is a leading member of The B20, the private sector’s voice of The G20 (representing 85% of the global nominal GDP of more than US$80 trillion and 66% of 7.4 billion people), serving on the B20 Employment and Education Task Force from 2014 to present. On behalf of the entire G20 business community, the B20 leads engagement with and recommends policies to the G20 Leaders (heads of state) and their governments. Ma has contributed through the G20/B20 presidencies of Australia, Turkey, China, Germany, and Argentina. With an incisive global perspective, Ma pays particular attention to the future of work, talent, and education, the impact of AI and technologies, and digital transformation.
Furthermore, Ma is a World Chinese Economic Forum Global Advisory Council member, DC Finance Family Office Conferences Steering Committee member, and NYTimes Higher Ed Leaders Forum delegate. He is a former APEC CEO Summit delegate, Pacific Basin Economic Council member, and Forbes Global CEO Conference delegate for 8 years.
As a sought-after speaker and masterclass leader “uncaged” in ballrooms worldwide, Jason Ma inspires, motivates, and galvanizes audiences—from Gen Zers and millennials, to parents, to middle managers, to global CEOs, to family offices, and to billionaires—enabling them to reflect and transform positively. In addition to his professional speaking platform, Ma is represented by top speakers bureaus, including the Harry Walker Agency (the #1 speaker agency in the world), London Speaker Bureau, Executive Speakers Bureau, All American Entertainment, MFL Global, and A-Speakers.
Ma’s speaking topics are under 3 general categories:
- Global Trends and Developments: The Future of Work and Talent / Globalization / Technology and Digital Transformation / Geopolitics / Intergenerational and Multicultural Shifts
- How to Mentor and Transform Increasingly Multigenerational, Diverse, and Multicultural Teams
- (Ultra) High Net Worth Family, Career, Elite University Admissions, Education, and Parenting Success
Around the world, Ma has delivered speaking engagements at major enterprises, global summits/conferences, private (ultra) high-net-worth family groups, educational institutions [Stanford University, UC Berkeley, INSEAD, Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), and top high schools], and the Harvard Business School Association.
AUTHOR & LUMINARY
Jason Ma is the acclaimed author of Young Leaders 3.0: Stories, Insights, and Tips for Next-Generation Leaders. He is a former Forbes contributor on next-generation leadership and entrepreneurship, innovative higher education, mentorship, and elite U.S. college admissions with over 1 million views.
Ma’s work has been featured in various top media, including CNBC Asia (Managing Asia and Squawk Box), Business Rockstars, Fast Company, Channel NewsAsia, and others. Ma is one of “The World’s Top Experts” and an investor at Audvisor (fellow Experts include Tom Peters, Mark Thompson, Seth Godin, Heidi Roizen, Vinod Khosla, Guy Kawasaki), a leading corporate communication and learning app. Ma is also a Luminary for IfOnly, which provides clients with unique experiences with luminaries, including Snoop Dogg and Hall of Fame 49er Ronnie Lott.
FAMILY, EDUCATION, & PHILANTHROPY
Originally from Hong Kong, Jason Ma is multicultural, fluent in Cantonese, and speaks Mandarin. He and his wife are joyful parents of two happy and high-achieving daughters (ages 21 and 18). In the Ma family (playfully, the “MAfia”), Ma values unconditional love, humor, and high standards on what matters.
Ma earned a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research at UC Berkeley College of Engineering. He also attended the evening MBA program at Santa Clara University Leavey Graduate School of Business for a few years but had to drop out because of extensive international business travels.
Ma believes in giving. The ThreeEQ Foundation, a small donor-advised fund, works with the Silicon Valley Community Foundation to give to causes that assist the disadvantaged. ThreeEQ also donates some pro bono services to charity.
PAST PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Co-Founder, Interim CEO and Senior College Counselor, IvyMax Inc. 飛達學院 (2007-2011)
- Co-Founder and CEO of an Education SaaS startup (2006-2007; successfully executed an international merger)
- Co-Founder, Interim Executive VP and Chief Strategy Officer, YeePay Inc. 易宝支付 (2002-2003; successfully exited at Series D)
- Founder and CEO, Congruent Partners LLC (2002-11)
- Acting CEO, CMO, VP of Business Development, Advisor, or Board Director for a few tech companies (2002-2005)
- Leader, Education & Tech/Media/Telecom (TMT) Sectors, GLG Council (2006-2014)
- Senior Advisor, Silicon Valley-China Wireless Technology Association (2001-2011)
- Founding Chair, Charter Members Committee, Asia-Silicon Valley Connection (ASVC)
- Managing Director of Asia Pacific and Japan, iPass Inc. (went public)
- Managing Director of Asia Pacific, Celcore Inc. (acquired)
- Managing Director of Asia Pacific, Peninsula Wireless Communications (went public)
- Regional Director of Pacific Rim, Cylink Corporation (went public)
- Area Sales Manager of Asia Pacific, Digital Microwave Corporation (public)
- Network Assurance Manager, Private Networks Division, Fujitsu America
- Network Systems Analyst, Network Analysis and Design; and Network Operations Analyst, Management Sciences, Tymnet (1984-7)
As the founding chair of the ASVC Charter Members Committee before, through, and after 9/11 in 2001, Ma led building the ASVC Charter Members Network, a microcosm of Silicon Valley’s top decision makers comprising general partners from elite venture capital firms, senior executives from large corporations, partners from top service providers, leading CEOs and entrepreneurs, and proven angel investors. At ASVC, he also organized and chaired major events and helped drive and spawn Silicon Valley’s high-level social networking movement.
The passionate ThreeEQ Team rejoices when our Students and Clients win, grow, and succeed like never before! Our highly trained and seasoned teammates in Editing, Counseling, Business Development, (upcoming) Web Solutions, Finance, and Administration share our Founder, CEO, and Chief Mentor Jason Ma’s vision, values/principles, and high standards on what matters. Blessed with unique, best-in-class proprietary know-how, methodologies, and processes, we pride ourselves in providing the highest-quality work for our Clients.
Another of Ma’s project team comprised 30 people, including 23 exemplary 17-to-24-year-old Gen Z and Millennial leaders and contributors, and support cast. We are grateful for their help in the creation and production of Young Leaders 3.0: Stories, Insights, and Tips for Next-Generation Achievers, an inspiring and acclaimed book published in December 2014.
Founder and CEO, Magnet Systems, Inc.
Former Founder, Chairman & CEO, BEA Systems (Acquired by Oracle for $8.5 billion in 2008)
The CEO’s CEO by Ben Horowitz, Co-Founder & General Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
To learn about Mr. Minevich, please view his website above.
Business & Brand Strategist, Martin Roll Company
Senior Advisor, McKinsey & Company
Best-selling author of Asian Brand Strategy
Global Keynote Speaker, Conference Moderator, C-Level Advisor/Mentor
Chairman and CEO, Caprica International
Executive Leadership Council, Thunderbird School of Global Management
Vice Chairman, Supply Chain Asia
Selected as a “New Asian Leader” by the World Economic Forum
Having earned the privilege to attend or speak at some of the world’s most influential business gatherings, Jason L. Ma has met some of the world leaders, private sector tycoons, global 1000 CEOs, and fellow business and education influencers. As mementos of these great meetings, Jason has garnered many photos with these renowned achievers.