WHAT MAKES THREEEQ DIFFERENT?
– Exceptional approach and client outcomes
– Select (U)HNW Private Client Families
– High-powered, global community contribution
Exceptional Approach and Client Outcomes
Select (U)HNW Private Client Families
Around the world, our select Private Client families are coachable and diverse in backgrounds and ethnicities. A fraction of our client families weren’t exactly wealthy but we really liked their students, so we accepted them and underwrote “virtual scholarships” for them. Here, we give a few examples highlighting the types of client parents we work with.
- Example 1: One parent is President and CEO of a Fortune 500 tech company in Silicon Valley with a market cap of nearly US$100 billion, and the other is retired and helping the family full-time. We mentored their high-achieving, STEM-focused daughter for a few years since her sophomore year at a top private school in Atherton, CA. Our student was admitted to some Ivy League and other elite private and public universities. Passionate about aerospace engineering, top-tier equestrian competitions, and being a pilot, she chose and now attends USC Viterbi School of Engineering, which offered her the prestigious Viterbi Fellowship.
- Example 2: One parent is founder CEO of a well-backed private tech company and a serial entrepreneur, and the other is a stay-at-home mom. We’ve been coaching and mentoring their younger boy since the end of his high school sophomore year and will continue to do so through his college freshman year. Passionate about AI and CS, our introverted student is already transforming a bit in his mindset and soft skills, while shaping a stronger story and clearer direction, both academic and nonacademic, towards his upcoming elite college application season and beyond.
- Example 3: One parent is EVP and C-suite leader of a public global tech company with a market cap of over US$80 billion, and the other is an entrepreneur. We coached both their boys in high school—one from freshman through senior years and the other before his senior year until graduation. They are, respectively, a USC graduate now working at a Big Four and a UC Berkeley student.
- Example 4: One parent is a former SVP of Sony Pictures, and the other is in social services. We started coaching their younger son at the beginning of his high school senior year, when he was having a serious girlfriend issue. Jason helped him resolve this issue and converted it into a positive learning outcome. The student was admitted to several top schools and chose Colgate, of which he is a proud alum. Today, he works at Warner Bros. in the entertainment industry in Hollywood.
- Example 5: One parent is the founder and managing partner of a leading law firm on the East Coast, and the other is a retired doctor. We coached their daughter while in high school. She now attends Cornell.
- Example 6: The parents are successful entrepreneurs in mainland China. We coached their son from his freshman through senior years in high school. He is a recent Georgetown graduate and newly minted investment banker.
- Example 7: The parents are successful entrepreneurs in Hong Kong. We coached their son for 5 years from his first year in a UK boarding school through his first year of university. He is now finishing his final year at Imperial in the UK and will be an impactful, compassionate engineering leader.
- Example 8: One parent runs his own family office and his late wife was a housewife. We coached both their boys in a private high school for a few years until their graduation. We transformed one of their children from a D+ student into a B+ student; he now attends UC Santa Barbara. We helped the other child gain admission to top universities, including Oxford in the UK, where he was an undergrad and is now pursuing a Master of Engineering.
High-Powered, Global Community Contribution
- ThreeEQ founder Jason Ma brings to ThreeEQ clients not only best-in-class skill sets and high-level connections but also a visionary and practical worldview. Jason is privileged to be an appointed member of the B20, the official G20 dialogue forum with the global business community (private sector) since 2014. He has served on the B20’s Future of Work and Education Task Force through the G20 and B20 Presidencies in Australia, Turkey, China, Germany, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Italy, Indonesia, and India (2023).
- Jason Ma was a by-invitation delegate to the prestigious Forbes Global CEO Conference (some call it a “billionaire galore”) for 8 years before Forbes Media was acquired.