TESTIMONIALS & SUCCESS STORIES
– Student Testimonials & Success Stories
– Parent, CEO, & Other Testimonials
– Young Leaders 3.0 Rave Reviews
Learn What Makes ThreeEQ Different for Families.
“Chief Mentor of Next-Gen Leaders: College Admissions, Leadership, Career, & Life Success.”
—Family Office Association
“Chief Mentor of Next-Gen Leaders.”
—Ritossa Family Office
“Preeminent Mentor for Next-Gen Leaders (Leadership 3.0).”
—Black Tie Magazine
STUDENT TESTIMONIALS & SUCCESS STORIES
Testimonials from some (former) students of Jason and his teams
Over the past 13 years, Jason Ma and his teams at his previous education company and his current firm, ThreeEQ, have built a distinctive track record of providing inspiration and 1-on-1 guidance to driven high schoolers, college students, and working young adults (Gen Z and millennial achievers), as well as some elder leaders. Their results include admission to Ivy League and highly competitive colleges and universities, fulfilling college lives, internships, post-college first jobs, high-end career paths, and other leadership and personal milestones.
Today, ThreeEQ is proud to maintain a 100% success rate (defined by outcomes that clients are happy about) with coachable, committed, high-achieving students in our selected client families.
The following are some of the great outcomes that students have achieved:
|High School Students
|Professionals & Entrepreneurs
|Hundreds admitted to Ivy League universities, other elite private universities and colleges, and top public universities.
See list below.*
|Rewarding internships, first jobs, and career pathways at Google, Apple, and various notable companies.
More optimized academic curriculum, school-year and summer activities, social life, and well-being as a competitive college student.
|Impactful, rewarding jobs and careers at notable tech companies, enterprises, venture capital/private equity firms, investment banks, and family enterprises.
More optimized career and business strategies, activities, social life, and well-being as rising leaders at work.
|Happier lives in high school, without the high stress and anxiety that many competitive high school students and college applicants experience.
Deeper relationships with and appreciation for parents, teachers, peer leaders, counselors, employers, and other influencers
|Happier lives in college and the real world, without the high stress and anxiety many students experience.
Deeper relationships with and appreciation for parents, professors, employers, significant others, peer leaders, mentors, and other influencers.
|Happier lives at work and socially, without as much stress and anxiety common in many young people.
Deeper relationships with and appreciation for family, significant others, bosses, staff, peers, mentors, and other influencers.
|More positive, powerful mindsets, direction, strategies and execution, and soft skills||More positive, powerful mindsets, direction, strategies and execution, and employable soft skills||More positive, powerful mindsets, direction, strategies and execution, and career-advancing soft skills|
* These schools include
- Boston College
- Boston U
- Cambridge (UK)
- Carnegie Mellon
- Claremont McKenna
- George Washington
- Georgia Tech
- Harvey Mudd
- Imperial (UK)
- Johns Hopkins
- Oxford (UK)
- UC Berkeley (Engineering, etc.)
- UC Davis
- UC Irvine
- UC San Diego
- UC Santa Barbara
- UMichigan, Ann Arbor
- U North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- U Notre Dame
- UT Austin
- Wake Forest
- Washington U in St. Louis
ThreeEQ students include Jason’s own two happy, compassionate Gen Z daughters, who aspire to be impactful, tech C-suite leaders in the long term:
- Sabrina was admitted to a few Ivy League schools (she received her first Ivy acceptance letter at age 16, as she skipped 4th grade), UC Berkeley, UCLA, USC, and other top schools. She chose Georgetown and enjoyed her 4 years there. Although she had no computer science experience in high school, she boldly pivoted her major from Business to Computer Science. Since graduating from Georgetown in 2018, Sabrina has worked as a Google software engineer. Having been promoted, Sabrina is recognized as an emerging young tech leader at Google and in Silicon Valley.
- Lydia was accepted into Penn/Wharton Early Decision. She politely declined two interview requests from Harvard representatives because Wharton was her dream school. Dual-concentrating in Finance and Business Analytics and minoring in Computer Science, Lydia has become both a top student and an activity leader on campus and online. During the summer of 2019, she worked as a Product Marketing Intern at Zuora. During summer 2020, Lydia worked as a Value Realization Intern at Slack, where she was hired despite the pandemic. For summer 2021, she accepted Slack’s offer to return and worked as a Software Engineering Intern. Lydia received an “Exceptional” rating in her performance reviews both summers at Slack.
“With my own kids, I’m (a loving) father first and chief mentor second,” says Jason Ma.
The following are some of the student testimonials for Jason Ma and his teams. Many of our delighted students and their parents prefer to keep their identities and engagement with us private and confidential, for which we honor. Many more delighted client families are excluded here.
Mr. Ma has been SO incredibly helpful for me because he’s been able to provide such insightful advice that’s so on-point. He was able to identify my unique strengths and talents early on, catering to my personal interests and complementing my activities and passions. One of the most memorable meetings with Mr. Ma is when he hit the nail in the head, articulating my strengths, my passions, and what my goal for the future is (and that is to be a CEO of some sort, or be a leader in a key industry driven by a passion of mine) — in a way that maybe I was struggling to do so.
…..Mr. Ma is unique in what he does. He is wholeheartedly and willingly working with his clients and students to target what it is that they do best…and NOT to follow a specific mold or cookbook. He not only is an exceptional counselor who’s extremely knowledgeable about the complex and confusing college admissions process, but also is able to offer valuable insight and wisdom obtained from his impressive working career. Mr. Ma continues to provide me with valuable advice as a college student. I view him as a trusted mentor and coach.”
– Carolyn Yang, student at Princeton University
Mr. Ma continues to support me in my professional endeavors. He has been tremendously helpful and has my full recommendation.
– Ted A., Harvard University graduate
Mr. Ma has had a tremendous impact on my development as a person. Through our coaching sessions, which felt like conversations with a friend, Mr. Ma guided me to set aggressive goals and expect more of myself. After four years of working with Mr. Ma as my mentor, I can attest to his persuasive and engaging personality. He took the time to understand my unique skills and perspectives and helped me sharpen my focus and drive for all-around, genuine excellence. My interaction with Mr. Ma has enriched my understanding of the key drivers for long-term success — not just in business but in life. My relationship with him has grown from him being a mentor to being a true friend.
– Anonymous student at University of Southern California
The tips, words of wisdom, and advice I was given by you were all helpful towards achieving and exceeding my goals of getting in the college I wished to envision myself in. I’m extremely excited for my entry into Stanford University, and I am anticipating a fantastic undergraduate experience! Once again, thank you for your help and your encouragement for making my dream school a reality!”
– Chris Ling, student at Stanford University
Hi, Mr. Ma!! Thanks so much for the huge support and encouragement the whole way through…I would not have applied to Harvard EA without your insistence!! In addition, thank you for all of your counseling and advice…I am truly very grateful and honored!!!
– Rebecca H., student at Harvard University (admitted Early Action)
Mr. Ma is your friend who guides you through the whole stress of getting into college and into your future. He helps you figure out authentically who you are and who you want to be and really discover the true leader inside of you. He knows how to bring out the leader inside of anyone! Getting into college is just the beginning. Mr. Ma is a great mentor and a great guy…he knows it so well! There’s nothing more that you can ask for…
– Danny Levy, student at Colgate University (a top-tier liberal arts college)
Mr. Ma has been a major support system for me since I was a high school student. As an upperclassman at UC Berkeley, I continue treasuring his mentorship of me. He has a heart for coaching students like myself to help them realize their full potential. He cares deeply about his students and their well being and future. One of my memorable experiences with Mr. Ma was that he selflessly worked late into the night on New Year’s Eve with his students. This speaks to his dedication and passion toward helping students succeed. I am very grateful for all the help that I have received from Mr. Ma.
– Celia W., student at UC Berkeley
Mr. Ma taught me these leadership skills. He really helped me become a good speaker and communicator, putting my thoughts in perspective and helping me communicate with people in a meaningful way. In the real world, we need to interact, and apply what we know, with others. EQ is just as important as IQ, if not more important.
…..After assessing what you like, Mr. Ma pushes you in a direction that you want to go into. But he also gives you the right pathway because an open pathway is critical, and he helps you navigate through a really confusing process. He never hesitates to tell me the 100% truth. That’s what you need. When I was writing the application to Penn, I was able to show my conviction and my passion. Those attributes learned in the past came in handy…even now…”
– Krish Ramineni, student at the University of Pennsylvania (successfully transferred from Rice University, which he had attended after acceptance into Cornell University, UC Berkeley, UCLA…)
Mr. Ma provided me with the appropriate consulting advice to assist and expedite my university application process. Equipped with technical expertise and business-savvy, Mr. Ma helped me focus my applications in order to ensure my admittance to my school of choice—University of California, Berkeley. Mr. Ma’s engineering background resonated with my style of writing and thinking, and thus made the experience enjoyable and smooth. I still remember when we first met; he said, “Tim, do you want to be great? Well, everyone who wants to be great needs a coach. I’m your coach.”
…..While operating in the stressful time of college application season, Mr. Ma displayed a calm demeanor while maintaining a cheerful attitude. His ability to display professionalism while dispelling all fears and worries was truly admirable. This duality has helped me throughout my college career to be successful in and out of the classroom.
…..Having an Industrial Engineering and Operations Research (IEOR) background, Mr. Ma’s application of operational excellence allowed me to make smarter life choices and better tailor my interests. As a current mechanical engineering senior at the University of California, Berkeley, I endeavor to replicate Mr. Ma’s practice of operational excellence. His attention towards maximization and efficiency provides a basis for many of my engineering and career decisions. Ultimately, I thank Mr. Ma for his consulting advice, for without him, I would not be where I am today.
– Tim Lee, student at UC Berkeley College of Engineering
Throughout high school and even in college, Jason Ma has been a tremendous mentor and resource to me. In high school, I was guided by Mr. Ma through the stressful college planning and application process. He patiently worked with me and ensured that I was able to effectively communicate my strengths and aspirations to top universities. As a result of his guidance, I was able to attend my top-choice school, Duke University. Even today, Mr. Ma has kept in touch with me and has provided valuable advice and insights on potential careers that I was considering. From all of this, I now have a road map of how I can accomplish my career ambitions. It is my pleasure to recommend Mr. Ma to any aspiring student that is looking to leave his or her mark on the world.
– Daniel L., student at Duke University
I heard back from all my remaining colleges yesterday and got accepted to UPenn College of Arts and Sciences! I’ve been estatic these past few days, and I just wanted to thank you for all your help these past few years. Without your wise advice about SATs and your reviews of my applications, not to mention all the questions you’ve answered remotely for me and numerous other details you’ve advised me on, I could not have done so much and gone this far. Thank you Mr. Ma for helping me on my way! I am 100% sure I’m going to be attending Penn next year, and I can’t wait to be a part of their undergrad IR program. Thanks again, my family and I are very grateful!
– Erica Ma, student at the University of Pennsylvania (Penn)
I want to thank you with my innermost sincerity for all that you have done in guiding my academic planning, personal development and college applications. Working with you has been more than inspiring and rewarding. The scene of my first meeting you and weeping in front of you in my sophomore year is deeply imprinted in my heart. It is by no means an exaggeration to attribute the stimulus of my turning point in life to you and your team. When I deviated from the light of learning and lost my direction with a confounded mind, it was you who motivated me to embrace my former assiduity; it was you who showed me the path to success; and it was you who encouraged me to indefatigably run toward my future.
…..The innumerable times of commenting on and re-proofreading essays, the scrupulous examinations of applications, the critical updates and follow-ups, the eye-opening ideas and suggestions, the more than strong sense of responsibility, the admirable mission beyond that about responsibility… My experience with you has been a life-changing one, with or without the final results.
– Ivy Xing, student at Bowdoin College (also admitted to UC Berkeley and other top schools)
I want to thank you for everything you’ve done for me, from helping with my applications to helping resolve my financial aid situation. The latter was not something that you had to do, yet you still went out of your way to help me during a difficult crisis. I am forever grateful for your help, and I know that my parents are grateful too.
– Leo L., student at MIT
Thank you so much for taking your time to join Project Pengyou for the panel talk tonight! Our event went extremely well and it definitely wouldn’t be this successful without your support and participation! The students told us after the event that they were intrigued by your speeches. They were really enlightening and the students learned so much about how to succeed either here in America or in China, the difference in job markets and opportunities between US and China, as well as your personal life stories as a student and your career path!
– Yiwen Zhang, student and event organizer, UC Berkeley
I never thought I would be sending you such an email at the conclusion of this admissions cycle, but I am. I would like to inform you that I have, I quote exactly, “been offered a place in the Class of 2020 at Duke University.” A dream come true for me, and you cannot imagine my joy and excitement as I saw those words on the portal. More importantly, I would like to express my sincere thanks to you for everything you have done for me in the process of this application — regardless of the result of my applications.
…..I want to say thank you for being so dedicated and 110% serious about helping me not only to gain admission, but also, more importantly, to improve and become a better, more competent person, for being such an on-the-ball and responsible mentor (even more than me at times!), and for teaching me so much about how to succeed, be driven, and be passionate. I feel deeply grateful and extremely humbled to have had such a selfless, outstanding mentor. You are an inspiration to me in many ways, and I value the lessons you have taught me. They will stay with me as I go to Duke and beyond. I sincerely hope to continue learning from you and keep in touch.
– Anonymous incoming international student to Duke University
Mr. Ma’s mentorship is like navigation during a long sailing expedition. I have a destination in mind but adversities, like strong headwinds, have thrown me off and Mr. Ma’s guidance brings me back on course. Mr. Ma really cares and has diligently helped me make adjustments to my journey, which seemed subtle at first but have a large effect over time. The effects of the adjustments include my success in university admissions and, more importantly, the mindset to optimize my life. Many students are driven. But without a strategic, actionable, and individualized plan like the one Mr. Ma helps students craft, they will not achieve the same results.
– Christopher L., 2nd-year student at Imperial College London
I hope you are doing well and staying safe. I just wanted to say a sincere thank you for everything you have taught me. This college process was definitely tough, but I learned so much through it with your guidance. I know that I will take the skills you taught me into my future, and I will forever be grateful for that. Beyond that, I truly appreciated that your guidance was not just about college, but also about bettering myself.
– Anonymous incoming freshman to Cornell University
TESTIMONIALS FROM PARENTS, CEOs & EXECUTIVES, EDUCATORS, EVENT ORGANIZERS, & THE MEDIA
The following are some of our testimonials from parents, C-suite executives, event organizers, and media outlets. Many of our delighted client families prefer to keep their identities and engagement with us private and confidential, which we honor. Many more delighted client parents are excluded here..
My son was feeling great when he finished the call with you last evening. You have a gift in the way you work with these kids. I get it.
– Don Levy, former Senior VP, Marketing and Communications, Sony Pictures
Thank you very much for all your help and guidance. We didn’t even know we must execute those requirements prior to meeting you. Without your help and wisdom, my son wouldn’t have applied to Stanford Early Action and wouldn’t have gotten in!
– Dipty D., parent of student admitted Early Action to Stanford University
My son is doing well. I believe his early consultation with you was very effective. Thanks again!!
– Gary C., parent of student attending UC Berkeley
My daughter was accepted by UC Berkeley and NYU. She cannot get in Berkeley without your important and high quality guidance. Your great help would be always appreciated by our family! Take Care and thank you again for your great work! Thank you so much!
– Parent of student at UC Berkeley
You’re a great speaker! I love the way you talk.
– J. Morton Davis, Founder & Chairman, D.H. Blair Investment Banking Corporation
1. My favorite coach!
2. On behalf of Sir Anthony Ritossa, Chairman, Ritossa Family Office, and the Ritossa Family Office Team, we would like to personally thank you for your incredible contribution and for making time to attend Sir Anthony 16th Global Family Office Conference in Dubai. This event will not have been possible without your support.
– Vanessa Eriksson, CEO, Ritossa Family Office and Ritossa Global Family Office Investment Summits
1. “In Family Office and UHNW family circles worldwide, Jason Ma is known as the inspirational Chief Mentor of Next-Gen Leaders and an influential Future of Work and Education leader and speaker.”
2. Your interview with CEO Magazine is guaranteed to be enlightening and conversation changing. I admire your commitment to helping the next generation succeed in life and hope to see you again very soon.
3. Presenting your Lifetime Achievement Award (at the Ritossa Global Family Office Investment Summit in Dubai, 14 December, 2021)
– Sir Anthony Ritossa, Chairman, Ritossa Family Office
I would like to thank you for speaking at our 4th annual Florida Family Office Meetings. Your discussion regarding impact investments were eye opening as well as intriguing. Your participation brought along a wealth of knowledge and depth, setting a new standard for all our conferences. I also thank you for moderating the New Technologies Panel at our Tech-dedicated Family Office Meeting that took place on March 28th in New York. The panel was a great success and was a major interest during the conference. I look forward to our future events.
– Denny Chared, Managing Director, DC Finance
I would like to thank you for taking time to share your invaluable perspectives with the participants at the 8th World Chinese Economic Summit 2016. Your participation has indeed contributed significantly to the success of the Summit. We certainly look forward to the privilege of working with you again in our future events.
– Tan Sri Dr. Michael Yeoh, Chairman, World Chinese Economic Summit
It was truly a pleasure to host Jason Ma as an honorary speaker at the APAC Investments Summit 2015, where he addressed some of the region’s top family offices and institutional investors with excellent insights on empowering the next generation for a sustainable future. Jason is a highly engaging speaker and a fantastic collaborator, and I do not hesitate to warmly recommend him to any event organizers.
– Maya Filadska, Senior Executive Producer, APAC Investments Summit
– Brittany Lehman, Producer, Business Rockstars
– Joshua Yao, former Vice Chair, City of San Jose District 4 Youth Advisory Council and event organizer
– Lewis Harrison, Host, “That Was Zen, This is Tao,” WIOX 91.3 FM – NPR Affiliated Station
– Dr Frank-Jurgen Richter, Chairman, Horasis: The Global Visions Community
– Alfred Chuang, Founder and former Chairman and CEO, BEA Systems, Inc. (acquired by Oracle for US$8.5 billion in 2008), “The CEO’s CEO” per Ben Horowitz, Co-Founder and General Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
I have known Jason Ma for many years. Jason is very knowledgeable about diverse business environments in Asia Pacific. He proved his strong business sense and leadership abilities and can get challenging things done like introducing new products in new markets and achieving leading if not dominant position in existing major markets.
– Dr. Jin Ho Hur, President and CEO, Neowiz Internet Corp (sayclub.com, the second largest social networking service in Korea); Chairman, Korea Internet Corporations Association
Jason Ma has impressed me as being very professional in conducting his business, very persistent in pursuing the objectives while being very pleasant to work with. I trust him implicitly.
– Joseph Cho, Founder, Pacific Epoch; former CTO, Panasonic Mobile and Alcatel China
Jason was an invited speaker in my MBA class at INSEAD and my students and I were very impressed with his insight and energy. Specifically, I found his advice to students on how to structure their entrepreneurial careers as very actionable and useful.
– Balagopal Vissa, Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship, INSEAD in Singapore
RAVE REVIEWS OF YOUNG LEADERS 3.0 BOOK BY JASON L. MA
Praise by both business and education leaders abounds for the critically acclaimed, groundbreaking book, Young Leaders 3.0: Stories, Insights, and Tips for Next-Generation Achievers by Jason Ma, along with a diverse group of 23 exemplary 17-to-24-year-old leaders as chapter contributors.
Testimonial from Keith Ferrazzi, author of the NY Times Best Sellers Never Eat Alone and Who’s Got Your Back