PERSONALIZED MENTORSHIP FOR
MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS
“Start preparing for college in grade six (around age 11),” says UC San Diego Director of Admissions Mae Brown. Starting early with high-quality and encouraging guidance is a key success factor for competitive high school preparation. Read ThreeEQ founder Jason Ma’s Forbes article “Why to Start Preparing for College in Sixth Grade.” We at ThreeEQ care deeply about our students.
We help our youngest students, who are high-achieving middle schoolers, develop the fundamental academic, interpersonal, leadership, high school preparation, and some proactive college preparation skills. This process enables the students to thrive in challenging academic environments and social contexts. We nurture the exploration of your child’s interests and the expression of his/her authentic self. Our personalized, nurturing, strategic, and pragmatic guidance focuses on grooming your child as a future leader. We inspire him/her to dream bigger and to take concrete steps to achieve his/her goals.
Good Habits and Fundamental Skills
We are aware that, malleable and young, your child is still developing his/her habits and sharpening fundamental academic and interpersonal skills. We capitalize on these precious few years to help him/her internalize good study habits and time management skills. We are sensitive that middle school heralds the onset of puberty and all of its attendant social and personal drama. Our life coaching helps your child develop effective conflict management tools to facilitate his/her relationships with you as parents and his/her peers. We focus on strengthening your child’s oral and written communication skills as well as his/her emotional and social intelligence so that he/she can navigate complex social and academic contexts with confidence and ease.
Excelling at School and Beyond
Middle school is an important dress rehearsal for high school, and we strive to optimize your child’s academic performance. We help your child select a rigorous yet balanced course load—including electives and foreign languages—that complements his/her strengths and interests. In addition to excelling in the classroom, your child and you can strategize with us to develop his/her leadership and interpersonal skills through extracurricular, volunteer, and community activities. We help your child commit to meaningful activities that he/she can continue in high school and beyond—activities that enable your child to grow and assume greater leadership capacities. Finally, we work closely with your child to begin preparing for standardized tests and academic competitions, if applicable.
Applying to Private, Boarding, or International Schools and Summer Programs
If your child is aiming to gain admission to quality private, boarding, or international schools and summer enrichment programs, we provide personalized counseling to ensure that your child and you as parents present yourselves confidently and authentically on paper and in person. Working closely with your child and you as parents, we help research and suggest an optimal set of schools to which to apply. We provide your child with guidance on standardized testing and perspective on the best summer programs for personal and academic development. Our service is comprehensive and includes guiding your child in crafting high-quality applications, resumes, and essays, as well as securing strong recommendation letters from his/her teachers.
HERE’S THE NEXT STEP:
Ask yourself: “Do I want my child to achieve great results in high school and college prep, start unleashing his/her potential, and be happy—starting now?”
If the answer is yes, we’ll happily set aside 45-60 minutes for a complimentary strategy call with you parents and your child. We will discuss his/her past, present, and hopeful future, and see how we can best help. This call will be the most meaningful time you all will spend preparing for your loved one’s future. We can connect through phone or in our online Zoom room, where we can all be physically present despite being in different locations worldwide.
To schedule a complimentary strategy call, please go to ThreeEQ.com/apply. There, you’ll see a calendar of available time slots. Pick a time that works for your child and you parents. Note that ALL decision-makers must be TOGETHER in the call. Then submit the simple follow-up form to mutually prepare for the call—and let’s talk!
- Watch or listen to ThreeEQ CEO/Chief Mentor and Young Leaders 3.0 acclaimed author Jason Ma’s inspirational interview with Family Office Association Chairman Angelo Robles titled “Chief Mentor of Next-Gen Leaders, Jason Ma: Foremost Mentor for College Admissions, Leadership, and Life Success” on the Angelo Robles Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Sticher, Spotify, or iHeartRadio.
- Listen to Jason Ma’s energizing interview with Silicon Valley Insider Show Host Keith Koo titled “Chief Mentor of Next-Gen Leaders, Jason Ma” on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or Spotify. Gen Z and elder high achievers must navigate effectively in their ever-changing, hyper-competitive worlds in the “New Normal.” Jason shares patterns observed and actionable insights on how to adapt, win, and grow, as well as what “college admissions myopia” and “raising your delta” mean.
- Watch ThreeEQ CEO and Chief Mentor Jason Ma’s inspiring masterclass “Preparing for Middle/High School, College, Career, and Personal Success” in front of a packed audience of high-achieving parents (C-suite/senior executives, entrepreneurs, and investors) and some students. This private event, for which Jason was the sole speaker, was enthusiastically co-sponsored by:
- Read Jason’s Forbes articles on elite college prep and admissions, next-gen leadership, innovative higher education, and entrepreneurship (1.5+ million views and counting).
- Get Jason’s highly acclaimed book Young Leaders 3.0: Stories, Insights, and Tips for Next-Generation Achievers.
- Join our Parents of Driven Students private group on FB.
ThreeEQ is a member of the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC).