PREEMINENT MENTOR, RAINMAKER, & SPEAKER
– Vision and mission
– Our founder’s journey
– Who we are today
– What we do for families and their next generation
– What we do for (tech) companies, family enterprises, and family offices
– Speaking, masterclasses, and group coaching/training
– Acclaimed book Young Leaders 3.0
– Testimonials, accolades, and differentiations
– B20/G20 contribution (for the masses)
– Forbes and media contribution
In his own family playfully called the “MAfia,” ThreeEQ Founder, CEO and Chief Mentor Jason L. Ma values unconditional love, humor, and high standards on what matters. At ThreeEQ, Jason’s family values are integrated with our values and principles as follows:
- Integrity and authenticity
- Clients first and their success is our success
- Compassionate leadership and connection
- Strategic and pragmatic contribution
- Creative, open-minded, and deep thinking
- Continuous, lifelong learning and growth
VISION & MISSION
1. As Chief Mentor of Next-Gen Leaders, Jason Ma and Team ThreeEQ foresee an exciting, dynamic world in which the students/mentees in our client families and companies will
- Accomplish great outcomes in college admissions, next-gen leadership, high-end career, and life’s challenges with pragmatic emotional, social, and leadership intelligence (“3EQ”)—depending on their life stage
- Become or refresh and rise as impactful, compassionate, next-gen leaders
2. With ThreeEQ CEO/Chief Mentor Jason Ma personally contributing as a CEO/Board advisor, an acting CXO/rainmaker, or a C-suite/executive coach, our client companies and UHNW family businesses will progress strategically and pragmatically to their next levels.
3. As a sought-after event speaker and masterclass leader, Jason inspires and enlightens corporate, institutional, association, and small group audiences like never before around the world.
OUR FOUNDER’S JOURNEY AS A LEADING MENTOR, RAINMAKER, AUTHOR, & SPEAKER
As a loving father, observant globetrotter, and edtech CEO 13 years ago, Jason Ma saw that most young people (including his own two daughters) felt a bit angsty or lost, that high achievers were overstressed or overanxious, and that almost all students had yet to unleash their full potential and actualize their best selves. Wasted or untapped potential, leaving future money on the table, he thought. What if I help them really shine, win, grow, and be happier—with greater impact and long-term gains?
Jason also noticed that there was a dearth of truly high-quality, next-generation leaders around the world. He pondered and decided to dedicate his second career to transforming young achievers, preparing them to gain admission to great universities, mentoring them to develop powerful mindsets and soft skills, and guiding them to enter and thrive in high-end careers as rising, impactful leaders.
Since then, Jason Ma and his teams at his previous education company and his current firm, ThreeEQ, have built a distinctive track record in having successfully inspired and guided 1-on-1 hundreds of driven high schoolers, college students, and working young adults, as well as some C-suite leaders (Gen Z, Millennial, and Gen X achievers) in accomplishing strong outcomes. Jason is known as Chief Mentor of Next-Gen Leaders in high-level circles today.
Jason has shared part of his teachings to the masses as a renowned author. He was the Forbes contributor on Mentoring Young Leaders for (elite) college admissions, innovative higher education, next-gen leadership, and entrepreneurship success (1.5M+ views today and counting). In addition, Jason authored the critically acclaimed book Young Leaders 3.0: Stories, Insights, and Tips for Next-Generation Achievers, along with a diverse group of 23 exemplary 17-to-24-year-old leaders as chapter contributors.
Through the journey, Jason was a delegate to the by-invitation-only Forbes Global CEO Conference for 8 years before Forbes Media was acquired. He reminisces lightheartedly: “I was the worst house in the best neighborhood (of billionaires and UHNWIs)!” As a global business and education leader, entrepreneur, and investor, Jason has accumulated 36 years of seasoned experience in technology, education, and other industries, and nearly 3 million miles of world travel across Asia Pacific, Europe/Middle East, and Americas. At ThreeEQ, Jason continues strategically advising and rainmaking for selected (tech) companies and family enterprises.
In 2014, Jason was appointed as a member of the Business Twenty (B20), the G20’s business advisory council, and has influenced helping the masses of people and businesses around the world ever since. The B20 is the official voice of the private sector and recommends policies to the G20 Heads of State and governments, representing the global business community across all G20 member states and all economic sectors. The G20 represents over 80% of the global nominal GDP of nearly US$90 trillion and 2/3 of the world population of 7.8 billion people. Through the G20 and B20 Presidencies of Australia, Turkey, China, Germany, Argentina, and Saudi Arabia in 2020, Jason has served as Silicon Valley’s leading member of the B20 Future of Work and Education Task Force.
As a sought-after, keynote/fireside/panel speaker, moderator, and masterclass leader, Jason has captivated and enlightened audiences on (multigenerational, cross-cultural, and diversity & inclusion) leadership 3.0 and other global (tech) business, investment, education, and family topics at some of the most elite summits and places around the world. These include global CEO/business conferences, Global China and India Business Meetings, tech industry and corporate events, B20 forums for the G20, family office conferences, HNW family private events, education summits, Stanford University, UC Berkeley, INSEAD, Los Angeles Unified School District, and special events co-sponsored by alumni clubs from Harvard Business School (HBS), Harvard, Stanford GSB, UC Berkeley Haas, and Wharton.
WHO WE ARE TODAY
ThreeEQ is a premier education and global business consultancy. We are also deeply and continuously engaged in applied research.
1. We are the Next Gen’s foremost mentor and coach for (Ivy League and highly competitive) college admissions, leadership 3.0, high-end career, and personal life success. We have inspired and guided successfully 1-on-1 numerous Gen Z and millennial achievers in selected families and companies to accomplish great results, live more happily, and transform upward—with pragmatic emotional, social, and leadership intelligence (“3EQ”) for greater impact and long-term gains (and without the usual stress, anxiety, and sleep deprivation!).
2. Besides mentoring and producing next-gen leaders, ThreeEQ helps selected (tech) companies, family enterprises, and family offices take their successes to next levels by serving as a consummate CEO/board strategic advisor, global business rainmaker, and/or C-suite/executive coach. To do so, we apply our seasoned repertoire and business acumen, and engage our high-powered, worldwide network of tycoons, Forbes Global CEOs, Fortune 500 C-suites, G20 business and education leaders, family offices, etc.
3. In addition, ThreeEQ founder Jason Ma is a sought-after speaker, group coach, and masterclass leader for business, family, education, and government audiences around the world.
In sum, our founder/CEO Jason Ma and Team ThreeEQ masterfully provide
- Ivy League & highly competitive college planning, applications, & admissions counseling (1:1 & group)
- Impactful and high-end career, leadership 3.0, personal life, and C-suite/executive coaching (1:1 & group)
- Intergenerational, UHNW family legacy & succession planning facilitation (1:1 & small group)
- CEO/board strategic advisor, acting C-suite leader, or global business rainmaker roles
- Keynote/fireside/panel speaking, moderating, masterclasses, and group coaching/training
WHAT WE DO FOR FAMILIES & THEIR NEXT GENERATION
As Chief Mentor of Next-Gen Leaders known in high-level circles today, Jason Ma and Team ThreeEQ are the next generation’s foremost mentor and coach for Ivy League and highly competitive college admissions, leadership 3.0, high-end career, and personal life success. ThreeEQ has masterfully and successfully inspired and guided 1-on-1 numerous Gen Z and elder achievers in selected families and companies to accomplish great results, live more happily, and transform upward—with pragmatic emotional, social, and leadership intelligence (“3EQ”) for greater impact and long-term gains.
Mr. Ma’s exceptionally effective, 1-on-1 success mentoring and coaching method has transformed hundreds of driven high school and college students, working young adults, and even C-suite leaders, and has helped them achieve strong outcomes. On college admissions, many of the students were accepted into the eight Ivy League universities and other top private and public schools, and over 100 admitted to UC Berkeley and UCLA. Given our guidance, our Private Client families gain peace of mind, enrich relationships, and mitigate risk of opportunity loss—all with sound family values. We also help ease legacy and succession planning for some families.
A wealth of factors make ThreeEQ different, including a 100% success rate (defined by outcomes that clients are happy about) with coachable, committed, high-achieving students in our selected HNW client families. Our know-how is recognized as absolutely top-notch in successful family circles. We at ThreeEQ fully understand EXACTLY how hypercompetitive Ivy League/elite college admissions decisions are made for high school students and college transfer applicants.
That said, our work is MORE PROFOUND and BENEFICIAL than just helping students get into college. College ISN’T their destination but is PART of their JOURNEY and a steppingstone to their greater career and personal success. We genuinely care about our students’ academic, personal, and career growth, contributions, identity, relationships, and happiness for years and years to come.
Start early, reduce stress, achieve greater success, and live more happily with ThreeEQ’s foremost, compassionate, 1:1 mentorship and guidance.
We invite you to benefit from the wealth of complimentary resources and actionable insights on this website, and to CONTACT US to explore how we can best help your family.
FOR FAMILIES, (TECH) COMPANIES, C-S,
WHAT WE DO FOR (TECH) COMPANIES, FAMILY ENTERPRISES, & FAMILY OFFICES
Besides helping the next generation in selected families achieve great outcomes, ThreeEQ CEO and Chief Mentor Jason Ma helps selected (tech) companies, family enterprises, and family offices progress strategically and pragmatically to next levels by serving as a CEO/board advisor, an acting C-suite leader, or a global business rainmaker.
Depending on the client’s business, we address U.S. and international/Asia Pacific/China business/revenue growth, world affairs, corporate/business development, fundraising, venture/strategic investment, private equity/M&A, digital transformation, HR/human capital, succession planning, the future of work and education, and/or (multigenerational, cross-cultural, diverse, and inclusive) leadership 3.0.
To do so, we apply our consummate repertoire and business acumen, and engage our high-powered, global network of tycoons, Forbes Global CEOs, Fortune 500 C-suites, G20 private and public sector leaders, family offices, UHNWIs, and other high-level decision makers. Jason was a Forbes Global CEO Conference delegate for 8 years before Forbes Media was acquired. He is a leading, longstanding member of the B20, the official voice of the private sector to the G20 Heads of State and governments. The B20 represents the global business community across all G20 member states and all economic sectors.
In addition, CEOs are often “lonely at the top” and don’t “raise their hands.” Jason Ma is a private C-suite/executive coach to selected CEOs/senior executives, helping them take their own business and personal/family successes to next levels.
Jason is also a sought-after keynote/fireside/panel speaker, moderator, group coach/trainer, and masterclass leader represented by leading speakers bureaus around the world.
We invite you to explore how we can best help your company, your team, or yourself as a mature leader by contacting us via email: CEO@ThreeEQ.com.
SPEAKING, MASTERCLASSES, & GROUP COACHING/TRAINING
As a sought-after keynote/fireside/panel speaker, moderator, group coach/trainer, and masterclass leader, Jason Ma inspires and enlightens audiences around the world on his repertoire of topics. Jason has spoken at some of the most prestigious summits and places. These include B20 forums representing the G20 global business community, global CEO/business conferences, Global China and India Business Meetings, tech industry and corporate events, family office conferences, HNW family/parent private events, education summits, Stanford University, UC Berkeley, INSEAD, Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), and special events co-sponsored by alumni clubs from Harvard, Harvard Business School (HBS), Stanford Graduate School of Business (GSB), UC Berkeley Haas, and Wharton.
Jason’s AUDIENCES worldwide include
- Billionaires and Tycoons
- Business Owners, CEOs, Executives, Managers, and Employees
- Family Office Executives; Investors
- Government Leaders
- Parents and Educators
- Millennial and Gen Z Professionals and Entrepreneurs
- Graduate School and College/University (Millennial and Gen Z) Students
- High School (Gen Z) Students
To learn about Jason’s SPEAKING TOPICS, etc., please go to his professional speaking page, ThreeEQ.com/Speaking. To book him for a speaking or masterclass engagement, please contact us via email: Speaking@ThreeEQ.com.
ACCLAIMED BOOK “YOUNG LEADERS 3.0”
ThreeEQ CEO and Chief Mentor Jason Ma is the acclaimed author of the groundbreaking book Young Leaders 3.0: Stories, Insights, and Tips for Next-Generation Achievers. Over 1/2 of the 23 featured 17-to-24-year-old high achievers and chapter contributors were Jason’s students, who hail from the 8 Ivy League universities (Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Penn, Princeton, and Yale), Babson, Bowdoin, Colgate, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, MIT, Northwestern, Oxford, Stanford, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UChicago, and USC.
Yet, these young leaders’ accomplishments transcend standardized test scores, GPAs, and résumés to reveal a more human and multifaceted view of achievement and growth. These stories provide an inside look into their personal successes and failures along with proven strategies your children can apply in their own lives to get ahead.
TESTIMONIALS, ACCOLADES, & DIFFERENTIATIONS
- Client testimonial and success stories
- Young Leaders 3.0 book endorsements
- Industry accolades (The B20/G20, Forbes, Black Tie, etc.)
- What Makes ThreeEQ Different for Families?
Contributing to the B20/G20 is a core part of how we help the masses of people and businesses worldwide. Since 2014, Jason Ma is one of only a few hundred business leaders around the world handpicked and appointed as members of the B20 in the G20. As a leading B20 member, he serves on the Future of Work and Education Taskforce.
The B20 is the official voice of the private sector and recommends policies to the G20 Heads of State and governments, representing the global business community across all G20 member states and all economic sectors. The B20 is equivalent to the G20’s official global business advisory council. The G20 represents over 80% of the global nominal GDP of nearly US$90 trillion (as of 2019) and 2/3 of the world population of 7.8 billion people.
FORBES & MEDIA CONTRIBUTION
As a thought leader, ThreeEQ Founder and CEO Jason Ma contributes to the press and to business and education leadership communities worldwide. Jason is the former Forbes contributor on Mentoring Young Leaders for elite college admissions, leadership, higher education, and entrepreneurship success (over 1.4 million views and counting). He was named “Preeminent Mentor For Next-Gen Leaders” by Black Tie International Magazine, among other industry accolades and appearances in various other media outlets.
ThreeEQ believes in giving. As a longstanding, appointed B20 member, Jason Ma and Team ThreeEQ are devoted to helping the masses of people and businesses in the G20 economies and beyond.
In addition, ThreeEQ Foundation, a small donor-advised fund, works through the Silicon Valley Community Foundation to give to causes that assist the disadvantaged. We at ThreeEQ donate pro bono services to selected charities and causes as well.
GALLERY (G20 HEADS OF STATE, FORBES GLOBAL CEOs, etc.)
Please visit ThreeEQ.com/Photos.
ThreeEQ is a member of the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC).