PERSONALIZED MENTORSHIP FOR
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Simply said, we know that high-achieving students need high-quality, third-party guidance to help unleash their full potential, actualize their best selves, and achieve the greatest outcomes. ThreeEQ is the foremost college admissions, high-end career, and life success mentor. Our CEO/Chief Mentor Jason Ma and Team ThreeEQ masterfully inspire and guide our students to prepare well and succeed in gaining acceptance into great colleges, while building strong, pragmatic, emotional, social, and leadership intelligence (“3EQ”) early on for a higher, more competitive and impactful, long-term success trajectory.
While so many students and parents are obsessed in the media-induced hype of college admissions (we call it “college admissions myopia,” which we recommend to avoid), you’ll learn that our highly personalized, empowering, 1-on-1 mentorship method is more effective and life-transforming for you than anything else you and your parents see out there! Yes, gaining admission to highly competitive colleges is much about the quality of your story, character, and storytelling that sets you apart. We at ThreeEQ fully understand exactly how Ivy League and elite college admissions decisions are made. You’ll absolutely love our strategic, caring, and pragmatic guidance through the entire, complex college admissions process.
In addition to our superbly effective college counseling, we’ll help you strengthen your visionary growth mindset, story and personal qualities, strategies and execution, desirable and employable soft skills (early on!), and pragmatic “3EQ.” We believe that college ISN’T your destination but is PART of your JOURNEY, and that college will be a stepping stone to your greater career and personal success. With our guidance, you will achieve great results in college admissions and also position yourself as an up-and-coming, impactful, next-gen leader who will thrive with less stress and anxiety, and more ease and happiness, through college and out in the real world.
Often both students and parents don’t realize how powerful our mentorship is until they start working with us. Given our guidance, families achieve great outcomes, gain peace of mind, enrich relationships, and mitigate risk of opportunity loss.
Start early, reduce stress, achieve greater success, and live more happily!
Testimonials from some (former) students of Mr. Ma and his teams
Exceptional Student Outcomes
Over these past thirteen years, Mr. Ma and his teams have successfully coached 1-on-1 and transformed hundreds of teenage achievers. Today, Mr. Ma and Team ThreeEQ are proud to maintain a 100% success rate (defined by outcomes that our students and their parents are happy about) with coachable, committed, high-achieving students in our selected Private Client families. With our 1-on-1 mentorship and guidance, our client families achieve great outcomes, gain peace of mind, enrich relationships, and mitigate risk of opportunity loss—all with sound family values.
- Student testimonials and success stories
- Young Leaders 3.0 rave reviews
- Industry accolades (The B20/G20, Forbes, Black Tie, etc.)
- What Makes ThreeEQ Different?
The great outcomes that Mr. Ma’s high school students and college applicants have achieved through his career include
|High School Students
|Hundreds admitted to Ivy League universities, other elite private universities and colleges, and top public universities.
See list below.*
|Rewarding internships, first jobs, and career pathways at Google, Apple, and various notable companies.
More optimized academic curriculum, school-year and summer activities, social life, and well-being as a competitive college student.
|Happier lives in high school—without as much stress and anxiety common in so many competitive high school students and college applicants.
Deeper relationships with and appreciation for parents, teachers, peer leaders, counselors, employers, and other influencers
|Happier lives in college and in the real world—without as much stress and anxiety common in so many students.
Deeper relationships with and appreciation for parents, professors, employers, significant others, peer leaders, mentors, and other influencers.
|More positive, powerful mindsets, direction, strategies and execution, and soft skills||More positive, powerful mindsets, direction, strategies and execution, and employable soft skills|
* These schools include
- Boston College
- Boston U
- Cambridge (UK)
- Carnegie Mellon
- Claremont McKenna
- George Washington
- Georgia Tech
- Harvey Mudd
- Imperial (UK)
- Johns Hopkins
- Oxford (UK)
- UC Berkeley (Engineering, etc.)
- UC Davis
- UC Irvine
- UC San Diego
- UC Santa Barbara
- UMichigan, Ann Arbor
- U North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- U Notre Dame
- UT Austin
- Wake Forest
- Washington U in St. Louis
So, the question you need to ask yourself is: “Do I want to achieve great results, unleash my full potential, be happy, and secure my bright future—starting now?
Right Now, You Are Probably a Bit Stuck
You want to get admitted to great colleges and hone strong emotional and social intelligence so you’ll do well through and beyond college, but are unsure how BEST to do so—EVEN IF you already attend a private high school or have an outside counselor, and certainly if you attend a less-resourced public school.
The reality is that the elite college admissions process is as daunting and hypercompetitive as ever. Even ambitious students from wealthy families incur (subtle but) major opportunity losses because they haven’t gotten truly high-quality, third-party mentorship early enough.
So, how about those who get in? They must be fine, right?
Another truth is that many students who were admitted to and attend Ivy League or other highly competitive colleges actually become stressed out or filled with anxiety. Some even become depressed. (Read Penn ranked highest out of the Ivy League for mental health—with a D+.) Why? Back in high school, they were shortsighted; they worried about college admissions but didn’t really build a highly competitive, visionary growth mindset, soft skills, and “3EQ” with high-quality, third-party guidance. Now attending competitive colleges, where “imposter syndrome” feels common among students, they struggle much more than expected.
The good news? Whichever situation you find yourself in, we can show you and your parents a plan that will help you make notable success a reality. Consider this: The above are the kinds of results we help our students authentically achieve. If we can do it for them, why can’t we do it for you?
Our Top-Notch, Strategic, 1-on-1 Mentorship
ThreeEQ’s superbly effective, strategic, transformative, time-tested, personalized, 1-on-1 college and career counseling, which includes leadership and life success mentoring, integrates sophisticated, real-world wisdom. This includes where the Future of Work and Education is REALLY headed. Your growth, contribution, identity, happiness, connection, and security for many years to come are vital. Do not be shortsighted. That said, we will help you to
- Hone your growth and contribution mindset, strategies and execution, and soft skills and talent
- Unleash your full potential, actualize your authentic best self, and elevate to a higher, more competitive and impactful, long-term success trajectory
- Prepare very well your storytelling, and present highly competitive and compelling college applications, maximizing your chances for admission to your dream schools
- Minimize stress, confusion, and anxiety
In ThreeEQ’s 1-on-1 mentoring method and process,
- 3EQ = Pragmatic emotional, social, and leadership intelligence
- 4S = Visionary story and character, (emotional) state of mind, (soft) skills and talent, and strategies and execution
In the context of the entire highly personalized, 1-on-1, strategic, timelined, and detailed college planning, applications, and admissions guidance process, we at ThreeEQ will wholeheartedly and meticulously guide you to STAND OUT as much as possible, as follows:
- Start honing your interconnected “4S” and “3EQ” defined above. It’s best to start this process strategically early in high school, if not in middle school, but it’s better late than never!
- Develop a strong college search/planning, applications, and admissions strategy and game plan
- Strategize and perform well on term-to-term, year-to-year academic curriculum, while sharpening study skills. The quality of your transcript is one of the most important college application components!
- Strategize the what, when, and how best to prepare for the college admissions standardized tests—the SAT, the ACT with Writing, and the SAT Subject Tests. TOEFL is required to be taken by international students at high schools in which English is not the main language of instruction. Most effective test prep and academic tutoring specialists exist outside of private college counseling places. We guide you to pick the best ones to work with based on your own situation, as needed.
- Strategize and do well on activities in school, in community, and even at home through your school years. Imagine you are a movie star making your next movie to be released by high school graduation. How will your authentic story, talent, and character, which are partly reflected by your school-year activities, stand out?
- Strategize and do well on activities during your high school summers. Many achievers thought their summer plans were sound but in effect subpar as part of their stories. Likewise, how will your summer activities reinforce or add to your story or talent?
- Build and manage key relationships in your complex world
- Build a strong résumé (CV)
- Research and visit colleges (in person and online) smartly
- Determine a manageable list of reach, probable, and solid schools
- Decide whether or not to apply Early Decision or (Restricted) Early Action
- Craft up to DOZENS of authentic, powerful, personal essays, including Personal Statements, “why this school” essays, and other types of writings that represent the best of you. It’s about the QUALITY of your STORY and STORYTELLING, including your topics and approach, that sets you apart! This complex application core component/subprocess is often (far) underestimated by high achievers. We’ve guided 1-on-1 hundreds of students in writing thousands of great essays, and we’ve seen all sorts of stories. We’ll help you brainstorm, comment on, and edit your repertoire of app essays until they represent your authentic best!
- Secure powerful recommendation letters from teachers and your school counselor, as well as from any additional, influential third parties to select schools. There are wise, ethical ways to help maximize the quality and effect of this key application component.
- Complete strong college application forms. We’ve reviewed thousands of Common App forms, school supplement forms, and independent app forms of nearly 100 different, upper-tier colleges and universities. Even most high achievers make mistakes; our hawkeyes catch them!
- Prepare appealing (visual or performing) arts supplements, if applicable
- Prepare effectively for alumni and campus interviews
- Make certain the entire application to each of all of the target schools looks great, maximizing your chances for admission!
- Apply for merit-based scholarships, if appropriate
- Keep honing elements of your “4S” and “3EQ” that need improvement
- Provide compelling and timely updates
- Strategize and decide on your summer after high school graduation. It may be your most fun one in years!
- Respond compellingly to any application waitlists
- Decide the optimal school to enroll (matriculate) in!
- Keep honing elements of your “4S” and “3EQ” that need enhancement, as you think through college and beyond!
IN SUM, our high-achieving students enjoy maximizing wins and success, minimizing pain and opportunity losses, and getting certainty and peace of mind by taking advantage of ThreeEQ’s foremost, compassionate, 1-on-1 mentorship. With our guidance, you will set a clearer direction, prepare wisely and achieve great results in college admissions, pre-position well for competitive college life and career paths, and cultivate stronger, next-generation leadership and employable soft skills early on—while transforming powerfully upward and unleashing your full potential.
Start early, reduce stress, achieve greater success, and live more happily!
HERE’S THE NEXT STEP:
The question you need to ask yourself is: “Do I want to achieve great results in college admissions, unleash my full potential, be happy, and secure my bright future—starting now?”
If the answer is yes, then we’ll happily set aside 45-60 minutes for a complimentary strategy call with you and your parents. The call will discuss your past, present, and hopeful future, and see how we can best help you make your dreams a reality. Trust that this call will be the most meaningful time you will have ever spent preparing for your future. The call will be by phone or in our online Zoom room, where we all can be physically present yet in different locations worldwide.
To schedule a complimentary strategy call, please go to ThreeEQ.com/apply. There, you’ll see our calendar of available time slots. Pick a time that works for you and your parents. We require that ALL decision makers be TOGETHER in the call. Then, submit the follow-on simple form to mutually prepare for the call—and let’s talk!
- Watch ThreeEQ CEO and Chief Mentor Jason Ma’s inspiring masterclass “Preparing for High School, College, Career, and Personal Success” for a packed audience of high-achieving parents (C-suite/senior executives, entrepreneurs, and investors) and some students. This private event, which featured Mr. Ma as the sole speaker, was enthusiastically co-sponsored by
- Read Mr. Ma’s Forbes articles on elite college prep and admissions, next-gen leadership, innovative higher education, and entrepreneurship (1.4+ million views and counting) that are relevant to you.
- Get Mr. Ma’s highly acclaimed book Young Leaders 3.0: Stories, Insights, and Tips for Next-Generation Achievers.
- Tell your parents they are welcome to join our Parents of Driven Students private group on FB.
ThreeEQ is a member of the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC).