PARENTS: HOW WE CAN HELP
1. Exceptional Client Family Outcomes
2. Right Now, You Are Probably a Bit Stuck
3. A Reality Check or Wake-Up Call?
4. So, What Can You Do?
5. This Is NOT for Everyone.
6. Here’s the Next Step
– Some Resources
Exceptional Client Family Outcomes
As a father and tech CEO thirteen years ago, Jason Ma noticed that most young people—our next generation—had yet to unleash their full potential. He then decided to dedicate his second career to transforming young achievers and preparing them to gain admission to great universities, thrive in impactful careers, and cultivate powerful mindsets and soft skills.
Since then, Jason has built a distinctive track record in having successfully inspired and guided 1-on-1 hundreds of Gen Z and Millennial achievers—with pragmatic emotional, social, and leadership intelligence (“3EQ”).
Today, ThreeEQ is proud to maintain a 100% success rate and a 100% peace-of-mind guarantee with coachable and committed high-achieving students in our selected HNW Private Client families worldwide.
While Chief Investment Officers and CFOs are, respectively, vital for family offices and companies, ThreeEQ founder/CEO Jason Ma is sought after as the Chief Mentor of Next-Gen Leaders and a trusted top advisor in high-level circles.
Jason and Team ThreeEQ specialize in:
- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: Foremost, elite college planning, applications (e.g. essays, etc.), and admissions counseling for gaining acceptance into top-tier, best-fit colleges and beyond (view the 24 line items in 3 strategic phases). This also includes academic planning; extracurricular and summer activity planning; test prep planning; various other application components; honing a visionary growth mindset, relevant strategies, and execution; and development of leadership and other soft skills.
- YOUNG ADULTS IN COLLEGE & AT WORK: Impactful career, leadership, internship, academic, activity, connectivity, and personal next-level success coaching (depending on life stage). How aware are you that numerous university students and young professionals, including high achievers, are often stressed-out, anxiety-filled, or a bit lost? Wise families get our help to raise their young adults’ trajectory of success, achievements, well-being, and then some.
- Client testimonials and success stories
- Young Leaders 3.0 book endorsements
- Industry accolades (from the B20/G20, Forbes, Black Tie, etc.)
- How Is ThreeEQ Different for Families?
Besides foremost career and college counseling, we help our students/mentees strengthen their visionary growth mindset, strategies and execution, soft skills, and pragmatic emotional, social, and leadership intelligence (“3EQ”)—gaining a more sustainable competitive advantage with long-term benefits.
Often families don’t realize how powerful this process is until they start working with us. Starting early yields the best outcomes. Given our guidance, families gain peace of mind, enrich relationships, and mitigate risk of opportunity loss—all with sound family values. We also ease succession planning.
Testimonials from some (former) students/mentees of Jason Ma and his team
Right Now, You Are Probably a Bit Stuck
Your high schooler wants to get admitted to great colleges but is unsure how BEST to do so—EVEN IF he/she already attends a private high school or has an outside counselor, and certainly if your child attends a less-resourced public school.
The TRUTH is that the elite college application and admissions process is as daunting and hypercompetitive as ever (view the admit rates table on our high schoolers page). Even ambitious students from wealthy families incur (subtle but) major opportunity losses because they didn’t get the best third-party guidance in preparing and executing early enough.
We also believe that college admissions and attendance are merely a stepping stone to even greater success. College isn’t the destination but is part of the journey. Think through college, not at college!
Your college student or young adult, depending on his or her life stage, wants to develop strong, employable skills, build powerful connections, obtain great summer internships, get a great job, pave an impactful and high-paying career path, and grow with happiness—but is unsure how BEST to do so.
The TRUTH is that many driven students who now attend elite colleges become stressed out, filled with anxiety, or depressed. (Read Penn ranked highest out of the Ivy League for mental health—with a D+.) Why? Back in high school, they were shortsighted; they worried about college admissions but didn’t really build highly competitive, pragmatic “3EQ” (emotional, social, and leadership intelligence). Now attending competitive colleges, where “imposter syndrome” seems common among students, they struggle much more than expected…
All the while, the best companies continue to hire and develop only the very best for their coveted internships and jobs. For example, the hiring rate at Google is 0.25% (1 hire out of 400 applications). “It’s 25X more competitive than the undergraduate admit rate of Harvard (which is now under 5%),” said Laszlo Bock, Google’s former SVP of People Operations.
So, which of the above two situations sounds more like your son or daughter?
A Reality Check or Wake-Up Call?
While we are known to be inspirational and foremost in what we do, we prefer straightforward honesty to hypocritical politeness. The former is what a truly helpful and wise friend does. The latter can hurt your family down the line.
Over time, we have observed one consistent pattern: without truly high-quality, third-party mentorship, it’s so easy for parents and students alike to become overwhelmed or lost in the process. Students feel higher stress about the process, and their parents feel both anxiety about their kids’ future success and doubt about themselves as parents down the line. Ultimately, too many motivated young people don’t achieve their desired results.
The reality is that many HNW families make subpar (in)decisions and costly mistakes from one or more of the following:
- False or limiting beliefs
* Families are shortsighted. One of the most common mistakes is being obsessed with which dream schools they like their kids to get admitted to or attend. ThreeEQ is known as a top expert of experts in college admissions counseling, but we believe that college admissions and attendance are merely a stepping stone to even greater success. College isn’t the destination but is part of the journey. Think THROUGH college, NOT AT college!
Or, families start late, believing that their kids’ attendance at private schools suffice (not to mention less-resourced public schools), but they don’t realize that their school counselors’ skills and sophistication are actually limited. At that point, part of their (high-achieving) children’s “3EQ” and other vital ingredients actually aren’t that strong and competitive yet. Once they awaken to realize this, stress hits. Sadly, we cannot change a student’s history.
Or, families get outside counselors who don’t possess top-notch skills and connections. They get what they pay for and incur (major) opportunity losses down the line. (Though private school education keeps getting pricier, ThreeEQ continues attracting both private and public school students of selected HNW families. See Welcome To Manhattan, Where A Big City Education Could Cost You $1 Million, written in 2013.)
Or, some parents think they or their family members are experts just because they are highly successful in their own career or business, because they went to Stanford, Harvard, or other elite universities decades ago, or because an older child got admitted to elite colleges. In reality, this scenario reflects operating under a limiting belief and pride. It takes much more to become foremost experts because their children will never fully listen to them and because they will unintentionally give subpar advice.
Or, students think they can handle the highly competitive process on their own. All high achievers are very intelligent, have performed quite well academically and in testing, and have been very engaged in activities. Still, the vast majority of high achievers get denials from their elite college applications and most coveted internship and job applications. Why? How do students really stand out, win, and thrive?
So, What Can You Do?
AVOID any more of the above subpar and consequential (in)decisions and costly mistakes. Starting now, you can fix or prevent this type of downward spiral and raise your children’s trajectory of success and their well-being.
Start EARLY with TRULY top-notch, third-party, expert guidance, and allow adequate elapsed time to mold your children. This is the “secret sauce” to your children’s next-level success.
Maximize outcomes, reduce stress and anxiety, gain peace of mind, enrich family relationships, and mitigate risk of opportunity loss—as we help your children optimize plans and goals, prepare well, and achieve greater results, while honing their visionary growth mindset, strategies and execution, soft skills, and “3EQ.” Let us aid them in unleashing their full potential and actualizing their best selves with the long-term benefits they deserve.
This is NOT for Everybody.
Is This for Your Family?
Because we dedicate time and attention wholeheartedly to helping only a handful of Private Client families, we are HIGHLY SELECTIVE about whom we will work with. We have strict but reasonable criteria:
1. Our Private Client Program is designed for ethical, wealthy families. We believe that successful parents have an astute investment mindset. Our client families appreciate that investing in working with ThreeEQ equates to just a small fraction of their children’s high-value, lifelong returns and benefits.
2. Your child and you must be coachable, committed, and decisive action-takers—no matter how connected or knowledgeable you are. If you like to “kick tires,” or sign up for things and not follow through, this is NOT for you. We are serious about maintaining a 100% client success rate.
That’s it. If you all meet BOTH of the requirements above and want to talk about achieving great results, then we’ll happily set aside 45-60 minutes for a complimentary strategy call with your child and you, the parents. The call will discuss your child’s past, present, and hopeful future, and see how we can best help you all make your dreams a reality. The call will be by phone or in our online Zoom room, where we all can be physically present yet in different locations worldwide.
Trust that this call will be the most meaningful time you and your child will have ever spent preparing for his/her future.
Here’s the Next Step:
To schedule a complimentary strategy call, please go to ThreeEQ.com/apply. There, you’ll see our calendar of available time slots. Pick a time that works for your child(ren), you, and your spouse (if he or she is to be consulted) ALL TOGETHER. Then, submit the follow-on simple form to mutually prepare for the call—and let’s talk!
Or, feel free to contact us via email: ChiefMentor@ThreeEQ.com.
- Peruse the ThreeEQ Signature Services for Millennial and Gen Z achievers relevant to your family:
Watch ThreeEQ CEO and Chief Mentor Jason Ma’s inspiring masterclass “Preparing Your Children for High School, College, Career, and Personal Success” for a packed audience of high-achieving parents (C-suite/senior executives, entrepreneurs, and investors). This private event, which featured Jason Ma as the sole speaker, was enthusiastically co-sponsored by:
– Harvard Business School Association of Northern California (Organizer)
– Harvard Club of San Francisco
– Harvard Club of Silicon Valley
– Stanford GSB Alumni
– UC Berkeley Haas Alumni Silicon Valley
– Wharton Club of Northern California
- Read Jason’s Forbes articles on elite college prep and admissions, next-gen leadership, innovative higher education, and entrepreneurship (1.4+ million views and counting) that are relevant to your family.
ThreeEQ is a member of the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC).